Thursday 28 January 2010

Bubbles


I was privileged to share 3 years of my life with Bubbles, my orange scaled goldfish. Bubbles and I first met at the circus, and his owner at the time offered me bubbles in exchange for throwing a ring around some bottle necks. When I got him back, he settled in to his new home with great ease. He was extremely energetic for a goldfish and loved swimming. Sometimes, i would rest my finger very gently on the top of his water and he would swim up and give me a kiss which would evoke more emotion from me than a kiss from a human has ever done.

Unfortunately, nearly 5 months ago, I noticed Bubbles had swum his last stroke. He was floating on the surface of his bowl, in-between the miniature castle and plastic seaweed. I rushed him to the local vets but after 4 hours of surgery Bubbles left us. He had suffered a huge heart attack. I was devastated, but I know Bubbles will always be with me in spirit, as well as in self as I have had him laminated and turned into an earring. RIP Bubbles.

1 comment:

  1. I was nearly crying until I reached the last sentence and suddenly I was laughing out loud. Is that what they call a tragi-comedy?

    ReplyDelete